Tips for Last Minute Cruises from Hong Kong
How does pricing work on Last Minute Cruises from Hong Kong?
Cruise lines fill almost every cabin on every sailing, and many cabins have more than 2 people. Cruise lines make much of their profits from high-margin items like shore excursions, liquor, spa treatments, alternative restaurant surcharges, etc. So, if the ship still has many empty cabins to fill less than 60 days prior to departure, cruise lines will get aggressive about selling those cabins.
However, while the cruise line might get aggressive, they are very smart in how they go about offering those cabins at a discount. Here's why:
- Most cruise lines have a lowest price guarantee to get people to book early. Those guarantees mean the cruise lines must compensate qualifying customers if a lower price becomes available.
- However, there are loopholes in those guarantees that cruise lines use to minimize the occurrences of having to payout to those already booked.
- Most of the loopholes are related to existing customers being eligible for a targeted discount (military, past passenger, resident of a certain state, senior citizen).
So when searching for a last minute cruise from Hong Kong, we will ask qualifying questions (are you a past passenger, senior citizen, etc.) during your cruise search. Those questions are being asked to help find you a lower price.
Last minute cruise "deals" might not always be related to offering a low price. Cruise lines do their best to avoid lowering their prices. Instead, last minute bookers from Hong Kong may be offered the following incentives:
- Cabin category upgrades: You pay for a lower cabin category, you get to select a cabin from a higher category. On a last minute cruise from Hong Kong, you might pay for a cabin with a picture window, but, end up in a cabin with a balcony.
- Onboard / Shipboard Spending Credit: Instead of a lower price, the ship provides you credit on your shipboard account that you can spend on anything that you can charge to your cabin. In a sense, this is as good as an outright discount off the price of the cruise.
Prices tend to be highest when kids are out of school. Christmas, Summer, and Spring Break often have peak pricing.
When are the best prices available on Last Minute Cruises from Hong Kong?
When kids are in school is when the prices tend to be lowest - September, October, early November and early December. Prices on cruises last minute cruises from Hong Kong also tend to be relatively low in early January when kids are back in school, and parents go back to work.
Prices tend to be highest when kids are out of school. Christmas, Summer, and Spring Break often have peak pricing and last minute cruise deals from Hong Kong are hard to find.
From a weather perspective, the best time to sail will vary based on where you want to go, and what activities you prefer. SCUBA in Tahiti, for example, is always best during their dry season (from April through March), but surfing in Tahiti is typically much more fun during their wet season (November through March). As you peruse Places to Cruise from Hong Kong, you'll get some great tips on when to cruise! Do keep in mind there are seasons for hurricanes and cyclones, and while your vacation may seem less expensive, it is "Buyer Beware" during those times. Safety is paramount, and shore excursions are canceled when conditions are dangerous.
Do prices ever go up on Last Minute Cruises from Hong Kong?
Yes. As a cruise ship sells out, the number of discounts will be fewer -- even to the point where the last cabins on a popular cruise (Spring Break, Christmas, & New Years) cruises end up selling at the full (brochure) price.
What are the top ports for Last Minute Cruises?
Looking for a last minute cruise? Check out these top cruise ports where last minute cruise deals can often be found:
Last Minute Cruises From Hong Kong Resources
Let CruisesFromHong Kong.com send you on a Last Minute Cruise from Hong Kong. You'll find the largest selection of Cheap Hong Kong Cruise Deals and helpful advice on Last Minute Cruises from Hong Kong. Book your Hong Kong cruise online, or call our Last Minute cruise experts at (800) 961-4635.
Images Copyright: Royal Caribbean, Holland America Line